window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || ;
gtag('js', new Date());
Travel influencers, this one is for you. Here at Resplendent Agency, we have put together a list of the Top Five Trends for Travel Influencers featuring: travel surrounding remote work, budget experiences, solo travel, unique stays, and alternative wellness getaways. Take a look below for our tips on content suggestions for your social media pages and blog sites.
- Remote work is here to stay and we are not looking back. This trend is looking to increase this year and with that – influencers should be prepared to discuss the hot topic that emerged in 2021: Workation. If you’re new to the term, we’ll break it down for you. Workation is exactly what it sounds like, the combination of work and vacation. The act of taking a trip, while also being able to work online has become all the rage in these last two years. An influencer can engage in this trend by providing content that includes hotel or alternative rental spaces that provide strong wifi, quiet atmospheres, and workstation layouts.
- Focusing on budget experiences is a great way to attract the Gen Z crowd. Younger groups are looking to travel and experience the world around them, but their spending is often limited. As a travel influencer to this demographic, it is important to focus on budget-friendly content and stays that are unique and affordable.
- Cater to the solo traveler. A large number of travelers are not waiting for others to join them on their escapades. In a recent poll by Condor Ferries, “46% said the reason for traveling solo was because of the freedom and independence it provides.” An influencer can engage with this trend by creating blog lists or thoughtful posts about experiences that cater to safety and cost-effective travel tips.
- When traveling, the biggest question is often: ‘Where to stay?’
- AirBnB and VRBO are often the go-to websites to check out when booking a trip, as they are filled with unique locations specific to the area. Influencers can jump into this trend by showcasing locations with a wow factor through short-form video. Hotels are always nice, but a bungalow in the trees? Now we’re talking’.
- Alternative wellness getaways are all the rage. According to Hotels.com and Travel Pulse, “53 percent of Americans are seeking wellness breaks but cite boredom with traditional retreats and want to experience something more exciting in 2023.” Travel influencers can easily engage here by looking into wellness experiences that go beyond the “Top 10” content lists for that area. Searching through niche Instagram hashtags and locations could be a great way to depart from the typical wellness getaways.