Customer experience is the backbone of any successful restaurant. In our ever-changing digital landscape, it is integral to remember that the customer experience can extend through restaurant walls and thrive online, specifically through video content such as reels or TikTok’s. We’ve put together a round-up of restaurant trends we’re loving at the moment and invite you to take a look.
- Behind-the-scenes content is a must for creating natural engagement and the growth of your following. Your guests want to be a part of the action and a great way to do this is by bringing them along on the ride; from the beginning of a dish to its final plating. This kind of content offers your guests a peek behind the curtain, humanizing the brand. Connection is at the core of this tip. And with connection, comes authenticity and trust.
- It’s no secret that ASMR reels are extremely addicting, especially when the content is highlighting a delicious dish. ASMR stands for autonomous sensory meridian response, often causing pleasant feelings of well-being or relaxation from audio or visual stimuli. Sensory content is a strong online trend that is only gaining speed. There are more than 13 million ASMR videos online and food-based ASMR is a huge percentage of that content. When creating sensory videos for a restaurant, there are many ways to go about this; slicing on a cutting board, dropping ice into a glass, and breaking/tearing apart food – just to name a few.
- Lighting is such an important factor when setting up a shot or a scene for a video to take place. We have found a huge focus and draw toward videos with natural lighting. Reels or TikTok’s with a sunbeam entering the video give off a “clean aesthetic” that attracts a variety of audiences. This technique is mostly used by restaurants when focusing on a single entree or cocktail in one location. These videos are most often created with intentional choppy cuts to showcase the entire process from start to finish.
- As mentioned earlier, humanizing a brand is the quickest way to gain trust. Need a fail-proof way to make that happen? Bring in the chef. Take the camera into their element and have them talk to your audience. ‘Notes From the Chef’ is a great way to showcase personality and excitement around the happenings at your restaurant. Whether that be through sharing techniques or the restaurant’s origin story, bringing your chef into the foreground is a smart and genuine way to attract a following.
- The use of voiceovers is a small, but mighty decision that can create a stronger connection between a restaurant and its guests. Storytelling is at the core of everything we do here at Resplendent and we do this with reason. Telling a story has the power to inspire, relate and encourage others – and using a voiceover is a perfect way to do this on a personal level.